- Bios should be written in third person, especially if this is something you’re putting in your book proposal.
- They should reflect who you are and why you are qualified for whatever it is your bio is being applied to. Why should the reader listen to what you have to say? Why should they read your book? Why should they trust your blog?
- What you write
- Why you write it
- Any awards you might have won for your writing or articles
you may have had published.
- Your blog
- Writing societies you’re a member of
- Special education you have (applicable college degree or whatever)
- Something that qualifies you to write this book (if you’re
writing about missionaries in Africa and you were raised in Africa by
missionaries, you should mention that.)
- A few things you’re passionate about, particularly if
Olivia Hoskins lives in Visalia, California though often fantasizes about being born in a different time and place. This is probably why she writes medieval romances for teens. She is a member of American Fiction Writers and blogs obsessively about her journey as a young novelist. She is passionate about indie rock, novels with kick-butt heroines, and lattes with the perfect amount of foam.
which ones grab you.